Michael Bear, Citizen Science Project director for Ocean Sanctuaries, recently wrote an article on the importance of Citizen Science in Ocean Conservation. The article inspired me to do a podcast episode on the same subject. Nathan and I did some research to find out what has worked in the past and where we should go in the future for more productive Citizen Science projects.
In this Episode you will learn:
- SevenGill Sharks and Michael Bear
- How the Cornell Lab of Ornithology is connected to Citizen Science
- Citizen Scientists just like YOU improving the research and future of Scientific research!
- Marine Citizen Science Groups: Reef and Reef Check
- Data Quality & Analysis accuracy training: Educators vs. Scientists
- How Citizen Science connects to the “Bigger Picture”
- Citizen Science underwater diving club with Roy Mulder
Thanks for Listening!
You can become a passion player for Ocean Conservation too! If you like what we’re doing, click on any of the links below to help support our Conservation efforts for yourself, our children and the planet!
Enjoy The Podcast!