The Coastal Environment of Cuba
My family and I went on an All-Inclusive Vacation to Cuba! Yes, I am Canadian and I can travel to Cuba!
I have to admit, I am not a fan of going to an All-Inclusive because of all the bad stuff that is associated with big resorts:
- The building of the resort often destroys the coastal environment for a pristine landscape that people expect (what they see in a magazine);
- The waste that happens at the resort with food and garbage; and,
- The local reefs and environment suffer at the hands of tourism for the masses.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that the three assumptions above were not true…well mostly. I tell you how the resort and Cuba made it possible to have a great resort(s) and have a healthy environment.
Links To Resources Discussed in This Podcast
- International Tourism and the Protection of Cuba’s Coastal and Marine Environments (page 43)
- Cuba’s Ambitious Plan to Protect its Environment from Tourists
- Securing a Sustainable Future for Cuba’s Fisheries
Thanks for Listening!
You can become a passion player for Ocean Conservation too! If you like what we’re doing, click on any of the links below to help support our Conservation efforts for yourself, our children and the planet!
Enjoy The Podcast!