The US Election is Over…Here is what you missed in Ocean News
The US Election is over…FINALLY!!! Here are some stories you might have missed while you were bombarded with election news:
1) Canada announces Ocean Protection Plan;
2) Too many puffins die due to warming of oceans; and,
3) SeaWorld loses more money and decides to cut more costs to please investors.
Enjoy the podcast!
Are you looking to change the way you eat for a better health and environment? Start using Arbonne nutrition and health care products that are all natural and environmentally friendly. I use them all the time and their nutrition line has transformed the way I eat and my health.
Email me today, firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can transform your health.
Looking to transform your health and wellness using Arbonne products? Learn about our starter package to get you living for a better Ocean by contacting me at email@example.com.
Today we discussed the following:
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced the government’s $1.5-billion ocean protection plan in Vancouver today for responses to tanker and fuel spills in the Pacific, Atlantic and Arctic oceans. Trudeau said the funding over five years will include creating a marine safety system, restoring marine ecosystems and research into oil spill cleanup methods. He called it “the most significant investment ever made to protect our oceans and coastlines.”
- The hundreds of dead, emaciated puffins showing up on this isolated, wind-swept scratch of land in the Pribilof Islands in the middle of the North Pacific suddenly has scientists worried—about the population of this white-masked, orange-beaked seabird, but also about what their deaths may portend for the normally productive Bering Sea. National Geographic reports on the story.
The Guardian reports: SeaWorld announced an aggressive cost-cutting strategy on Tuesday as the controversial aquatic theme park company reported a further 33% decline in profits. The company, which has been struggling to win back customers since the 2013 documentary Blackfish detailed claims of mistreatment of orca whales and other animals, reported that its third quarter income had fallen from $98m to $66m.
Thanks for Listening!
You can become a passion player for Ocean Conservation too! If you like what we’re doing, click on any of the links below to help support our Conservation efforts for yourself, our children and the planet!
Join the Arbonne Blue Team
Enjoy The Podcast!