Spatial-Conserve Inc. is a private company that is dedicated to promoting Ocean Conservation around the world through communication and science work in partnerships with other organizations. One product, SpeakUpForBlue.com, is a website dedicated to connecting Ocean Conservation with the public to educate on the Oceans and how they can protect them. SpeakUpForBlue.com uses various online tools to connect with people all over the world including a blog, videos, podcasts, and various social media tools such as Facebook, Google +, Twitter, and YouTube.
SpeakUpForBlue.com is searching for one person to fill a virtual, unpaid internship to continue to grow the SpeakUpForBlue.com community and provide them with quality Ocean science, policy, and advocacy content. The position is a full time position (approximately 37.5 hours/week) for a duration of 6 months (with possible renewal based on availability and performance). The intern will report to the president once a week via Skype to map out the objectives for the week and month ahead.
The responsibilities will include:
– Research online and scientific articles on the Ocean and Ocean Conservation;
– Coordinate article submissions from SpeakUpForBlue.com Contributors and Ocean Leaders
– Write 3-4 articles per week on the following Ocean Conservation Topics:
1) Ocean Awareness;
2) Education; and,
3) Ways to Protect The Ocean.
– Edit Ocean Awareness and Education videos;
– Provide support for SpeakUpForBlue.com’s social media tools;
– Must have a background in Marine Biology, Biology, Ecology, Oceanography, Marine Conservation, Education, Conservation, Environmental Science, or a related degree;
– Experience with communicating science to the public of all ages;
– Experience with working with Internet tools such as Blogs (WordPress), Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and You Tube);
– Experience with Word or Pages, Excel or Numbers, and Power Point or Keynote;
– Experience writing articles for public consumption and/ or blogs;
– Must be motivated with the ability to work independently; and,
– Must have access to a regular Internet connection as the position in virtual and the work is mainly conducted online.
– Experience with Google Docs;
– Experience with editing software;
– Spatial-Conserve Inc. works with organizations to help them complete technical aspects of their projects’ data analyses using statistical and spatial software and tools; therefore, any experience in conducting marine research and data analysis would be an asset;
Spatial-Conserve Inc. is a new company who invests in their employees and interns by insuring they are achieving their career goals in Ocean Conservation. Each employee and intern will receive full access to the Ocean Conservation Careers online course and ongoing training membership program to ensure they have the tools and skills they require to fulfill their career objectives while working at Spatial-Conserve Inc. or if they work somewhere else in the future.
Spatial-Conserve Inc. strives to provide a rich and rewarding work environment that allows its employees and interns to learn and grow within the company. Weekly meetings are conducted to not only determine task lists but to hear ideas on current or future projects.
Applicants who are interested in applying for the position should send their resume and cover letter along with 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.